Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My dear Children

My dear children
We wish you all a prosperous future, eventful and purposeful life.
Why did I create this blog for you especially? - you may ask.
My answer - my heart is known to my parents as well my likes and dislikes since they brought me up in an Indian Family Atmosphere where co-existance and sharing of thoughts amongst the family members is common.
But
how do you know the heart of your parents and their expectations. Many a times parents can not open their heart and speak with their children as the age of the children grow. The communication between a parent and a child differs at different levels of ages. Why should there be a sudden disliking between each when both the groups were so affectionate at one point of time. Is it relating to a sudden change in the attitude of either of them or is it due to circumstances that lead them to such an abnormal level or is it due to a growing gap between demand and supply ? What would have been the reason for widening the relationship between both the groups and why once a sweet heart - turning out to a bitter taste in later days - is a matter of discussion here.
Here - one specific point to be minded - "I or WE" expression does not mean myself personally and it is a general term used on behalf of the parents. Why should I write on behalf of parents at large?. Not necessarily I alone should write, but it is a freedom of expression and any one can surely add their opinion freely in this site so that mutual discussion and understanding shall become possible.
Probably I am failing to aspect the subject from a western culture point of view and it might be circling through Indian Family Culture and brought up, I do not deny. But then, this may be of some interest if not to the present generation, atleast to the upcoming generations over a period of time if at all they desire to know what the yesteryears parents were and what their mind was.

No comments:

Post a Comment